what's what: monday morning check-in!

WEEK 50 - POST 1

Three more weeks of my first year!

I keep hoping, I keep hoping, I keep hoping that I can report that the last fact sheet has been done.  But it hasn't.  And I'm working - I'm working hard but there are so many things to do and the writing is only one small thing!  And I can't just power through it like I used to do for class assignments.  And again the irony is that I WANT it to be done but it won't be done until I DO it!!  hah.

I've been working on other aspects of my part-time job.  (There's just way too much right now and everything is a high priority or has a deadline.)  But I also did find some energy to write some blog posts so I'm thrilled with that (as I was getting behind again!!)  So that's the good news!!

- Two blog posts completed and posted last Friday (includes thanks for recent support)
- one more drafted (just needs photos) and another idea for a photo heavy post
- and I have a third that is with someone for review (and needs some more photos)
- Also I started posting some stuff on Google + and working on the business plan
- got out on Sunday and took some photos (just good to get out for a walk)

Re: Business plan - the questions that keep coming up are - do I build a community first or do I make the products first?

I think part of it is - should I build my community around the products?  My blog is more general and might even have a local focus - but "local" is too small to build a community around.  And if I'm too general then how do people know if they belong to the community?  I really think that I need some products and then I can slowly build my community from there.  But I also can't "release" my products to a small mailing list (then it will just be crickets!).  So I think that is why I keep thinking I need to build my community first.  Sigh!!!

What do you think?  What have you done?  How do you (or DID you) build up your community?  



What's Inspiring You This Week: I'm so close, so close, so close.  I CANNOT wait until this writing contract is done.  I felt the shift this morning - like there is no more time and it HAS to be done.  This is good!

Where Are you Stuck This Week: juggling too many things: collaboration with friend (do this week or after the event?), event on Thursday (lots to do to get ready including getting the house cleaned as a colleague will be staying with us), writing contract (three more things to do), graphic design feedback (for fact sheets), funding application deadline is on Tuesday and then I will see if anyone has applied (so stressful), audit application to make and send out (10 audits to do this summer) and a job to fill (only received a few c.v.'s and now have to review and interview)

What Is The Message You Need To Hear: Just do one thing at a time.  It's all you can do.  You will get through this.

What Will You Commit To For This Week: One thing at a time.  Keeping calm.  Taking care of myself and just finding solutions!!




OK, that's me... now tell me about you!!

What's Inspiring You This Week:

Where Are you Stuck This Week:

What Is The Message You Need To Hear:

What Will You Commit To For This Week:

No comments:

Post a Comment