what's what: monday morning check in!

WEEK 40 - POST 1

Wow 40 weeks!!  Incredible - three-quarters of a year!!  You are doing this!!

I'm starting to let it sink in about how much I'm actually learning:

- how to be a non-fiction writer (with no proper training)
- how to put together and fulfill a contract
- how to run a business (set up, invoicing, taxes, etc.)
- all about blogging, social media, connecting with community

I'm starting to get comfortable in that learning space and leaning into how to be out there as a professional while I'm also "still learning".  Which basically is what being a professional is all about!

#GIRLBOSS

I also have noticed that it's hard not being in control of my time.  I always seem to prioritize the "part-time" and contract work when I'd rather be working on the blog and creating products.

I'm realizing that rather than work towards a deadline and receive payments along the way, it might be good to work on products on my own deadline (such as Jen & Tim) and then release them into the world and recoup funds afterwards.

This contract is killing me - even without a hard deadline.  I'm still always feeling like I'm racing against the clock and letting someone down!

I'm really conflicted this year as I saw this opportunity to bring in more money (yay!) but it means I'm really limiting the time I have for my own projects.  I have to madly protect that time.  I'm even thinking that I need to schedule the 18 hours (weekly) part-time job as two full days (7.5 hours) and then three hours one night (or even one hour for three nights - just doing email or something).

Then this would ensure that I still have three full days for me.  I think this is important!!!

Monday morning status:  I worked on the weekend.  It didn't go well Saturday but I did get some small things done for my business (long overdue emails, sending photos to a friend (for collaboration), a bit of instagram and local crow comments) and then Sunday went really well - worked on two fact sheets (three are basically in final draft now so will be easy to hand in this week) and finalized my presentation for Tuesday night.  Oh it's going to be a busy week!!



What's Inspiring You This Week: The fact that I'm almost there is really thrilling me.  I know that there is still a lot that will take it's place once these fact sheets are done but still the hardest part is almost done.  Whew!!

Where Are you Stuck This Week: Trying not to get too worried about anything else - the lack of blog posts, no time to work on products, the question as to whether I'll be away for a week (pros and cons) and end of year requirements.

What Is The Message You Need To Hear: It will get done.  xo

What Will You Commit To For This Week: Finalizing three more fact sheets and doing two or three more in final draft so that all can be handed in by the end of Week 41.  Glorious days!!


OK, that's me... now tell me about you!!

What's Inspiring You This Week:

Where Are you Stuck This Week:

What Is The Message You Need To Hear:

What Will You Commit To For This Week:

No comments:

Post a Comment