WEEK 109 - POST 1
Sigh! Back down again!
I took three days off to rest my wrist (from gardening, most typing and heavy lifting) and am realizing that I'm tired of sending long emails to everyone (esp. new friends at GFC). I'm going to have to curb those soon. I feel like I'm behind in personal correspondence (uncle, critique partner, etc) and I just need to reboot my daily habits. There must be more movement.
Back down again because I had a few expectations that have brought me back to earth with a thud.
1. keep hoping my accountability partner will email but she's been a no show all last week. blurg. when she was the one suggesting we do this. she still hasn't answered her own 4 questions from more than a week ago. sigh!! and then I see her posting online - making other things a priority. ugh. (update (one pm): now she posted in the HSHBBiz page her #weeklycheckin and it feels like she's sharing with the group the things we talked about sharing one on one; she's ahead of me in the workbook (when we said we'd support each other); AND she didn't even "Like" my #weeklycheckin that I posted an hour before hers! UGH!!! I seriously feel betrayed. UGH)
2. had a really disappointing exchange with a woman who tried to convince me that I should change blogging software so she could help me especially as she was having a discount this month and her prices would rise soon. (I notice that that has been her tactic for the last year on HSHBiz. yuck.) she was not extremely pushy but wasn't very "present" and I wasn't impressed with her business tactics.
3. worked on sunday and it didn't go really well. the woman I know wasn't at the meeting, so I had to introduce myself and there wasn't much receptivity. I know this will happen but on top of everything else I wasn't able to bounce back afterwards. especially as I've had a few emails also where some on-site meet-ups won't happened (as I had hoped). I need to find some more resilience.
4. again, I'm tired of my "old" friend who keeps saying she wants to meet up but hardly reaches out or makes an effort. it just really drains me, drains me, drains me. I need to really see this and figure out how to not take it personally. sigh!! (update: she replied at noon today and now I'm trying to reinforce her amazing response by letting her know how much it means and how much I want to connect more regularly.)
5. this woman who has a local blog (which I'd like to guest post on) has NEVER published one of my comments. I don't know if she thinks my blog is spam or what??? and now I emailed her about a guest post and I haven't heard back from her. I'll have to follow up with something next week - maybe remind her that I'm local and that we have some interests in common? if that doesn't work, I need to let this go as I'm getting a bit too consumed by this "slap in the face". yuck!
6. also thought I was going to be getting some extra hours this fall (which might have been good). then I received an email that they were hiring someone externally which frustrated me. I should always know that if it involved my E.D. NOT to count on it. crap. that upset me too. blurgh.
So I decided to turn a negative into a positive. I posted a #weeklycheckin in HSHBiz about the lows and highs and it was a good boost for me to post my highs. And someone commented right after my post "I love your post!" I also added some things there - offering help in two resources if needed - so it wasn't all about me. I want to do this more regularly as I haven't been participating in the past few months and not really getting my moneys worth!! (I think I'm going to pull the plug as I really haven't been happy with it - we will see!)
Here's the "recent wins" I posted: "Business coaching has been just what I need (if anyone wants the link to a coaching site where you can get some free sessions let me know!); I had my first (eek) request to be interviewed for a podcast; through networking I met someone else who has a national blog and they requested a post from me (yay - wolfpack!); and on Thursday, an entrepreneur I know, said she would be the first for my interview series I want to start (yay!)."
What's Inspiring You This Week: it's sunny out, I have plans to enjoy dinner on the river tonight and if I just turn my head there is so much great out there! : ) I know I was supposed to go for a walk today and I know that tomorrow it will all be great, things will line up and I will be back on the "wagon".
Where Are you Stuck This Week: I'm focused on the "bad" when there is so much good. I wanted one thing soooo bad and when it started to happen, I got more excited then I realized and now that it's crumbling around me, I'm really upset. baby steps. keep being reserved. only let in those you can really trust and that deserve to be let in. xo
What Is The Message You Need To Hear: turn your head and focus on the positive. read that "recent win" list up there!! you also have: dinner with a friend tonight, two supportive emails from a friend last week (about writing - I'm soooo glad I have this friend!!), a meet-up planned on Thursday night to see some great couple friends, two amazing new friends from GFC (LD, HB) and another entrepreneur friend you are bonding with (here locally! yay!).
turn your head and stop torturing yourself or wishing that something (that you cannot force) isn't working. share your love with those who want to receive it - get back into the flow!! xo (ask youself: what is the reason you don't want to be in flow?)
What Will You Commit To For This Week: getting back to figuring out a self-care routine that will work for me, so that I don't get so affected by the ups and downs of other people's reactions (or find myself waiting for responses to my emails, requests, etc.) I need to figure out how to keep on keeping on! wish me luck!
OK, that's me... now tell me about you - how is this Monday in your entrepreneur life? Has your week started in the way you had hoped? What are your resiliency practices??
What's Inspiring You This Week:
Where Are you Stuck This Week:
What Is The Message You Need To Hear:
What Will You Commit To For This Week:
No comments:
Post a Comment