what's what: wednesday morning check in!

WEEK 136 - POST 1

It's January and I've had a very slow autumn and was "closed" for the holidays.  I think this past couple of months, things have been percolating and I feel like it's good to have stepped back as what I want to do with the blog and biz are going to be more focused moving forward and it's good to have a break and then "launch" this new phase after the break.

I quit HSHBBiz at the end of the summer as I felt like they weren't focusing enough on the hard stuff at the beginning.  I need help to START my business and the two people leading this group seemed to forget how hard the first year is.  And of course HSHBBiz is not specifically for STARTING BUSINESSES, it's just to help overall, so there was no false advertising or anything like that - it just wasn't for me.  And I felt like it was too full with artists.  I just couldn't relate.

So feels good to have left that, as by making space, there are better opportunities to connect with people who are more my stage: Social Bee (Creating our first course), Uncaged Lifers (she attracts people who are at the beginning of starting a biz) and now the Business Bookclub (where it seems like there are quite a few beginners).  Yay!!! 

(And I also have dropped my U.K. Accountability Partner who I met at HSHBBiz because even though she replied to my email in Aug/Sept her heart wasn't in it anymore.  It was always me initiating.  She found her "tribe" at an October writing retreat and didn't need me anymore.  Sigh!  So it feels good leaving her behind also.  Whew!  (No hard feelings!))

So I'm just thinking today of how really AMAZING it has been to drop certain things to make room for better opportunities for this new year!

AMAZING!!!



That's what I'm focusing on currently.  There are some other things that may come into the light later (when I need them) but I really want to keep a good balance and not be overwhelmed.

I tried to keep up with Tracking Wonder: Quest but with the Social Bee class also in December it was too tough.  Definitely next year though!

Lee Harris is another person who is resonating with me (still) and Jenny Shih offers alot - I just can't invest in her course this year (maybe next?).  And then there is More with Less.  I can take her self-paced class this winter and I hope that I can join her Soul-Centered Business School this year (but maybe I'm too attached to that desire... hmm... let's just hope that something good comes along that I resonate with!!)

** And I also need to update the main page "Update".  It's still on June.  The part-time expanded career gig went well but I do see a way to streamline it for 2019 - especially if I want to do my BIZ for this year also.  It was also great to meet collaborators - I see some for the NFP but I'm also finding a few recently for my BIZ (yay!).  Update: working with a new web designer for 2019, business coach was good but might have to revisit for 2019 (maybe a 5 session opportunity?) and the guest posting was good but I need to optimize the promotion opportunities more fully.  The online entrepreneur friend has been put behind me (accountability partner) and the local entrepreneur friend never amounted to anything either (we were talking about working on a book together).  But 2019 is offering new opportunities to connect and support others.

Excited to see how 2019 unfolds!  xo



No comments:

Post a Comment