I had a very difficult session with my business coach last week. I get frustrated when the only thing that coaches think will help is being better organized - breaking down tasks.
I've done this, I'm the most organized person around. I did it last year and it didn't help. I do it every year and the thing is the more time I work on IT, the less time I have to work on MY WORK. I plan, I organize and then I revise and come back to it and I work at "the plan" again.
I have a task list now and even though it's the best thing I've put together so far and it is really giving me a boost, it still isn't helping me do the BIGGER THINGS that I have FEAR around.
I'm struggling with the idea that accountability and discipline are the only way through. But maybe it really is devotion and maybe it really is support. The idea that I should be motivated by knowing I can serve others is hard if it's just an idea. It's great to get the feedback from others - especially when they say that what I write is helping but I don't want to be motivated by that alone. As they say be careful of either great feedback or bad feedback because if you let either affect you then you are letting those around you influence you too much. And maybe by doing this with others, it will help motivate me to move things forward. I really DO crave collaboration and community.
The bigger question is - do I want to do this? Do I really care? Would I do this anyway even if no one was looking? The answer HAS to be yes or it just really won't work.
I'm struggling right now because I see how something should change with the blog and what I deliver for my business but it's really hard, it's a struggle to go in that direction (there is lots of fear). And instead of face that fear, I've ignored my blog for two weeks. I need to get back at it.
And the interesting thing is that I'm scheduled to go to the lawyer this week to look at my trademark and this will give me the opportunity to review what I thought I was going to do two years ago and see if that is still the way I want to go. (BIG FEAR xo)
What's Inspiring You This Week: That I went out last week for a walk (followed an impulse) and start letting things stew in the back of my mind in terms of all the things I'm interested in now and the interconnected of it. xo
Where Are you Stuck This Week: I am just stuck. I don't know where. I don't know why. But I am stuck and just want to acknowledge it. It's OK to be stuck. There's lots to learn in being stuck. xo
What Is The Message You Need To Hear: Being stuck is an amazing thing, it means that things are changing, you are growing and you are ready to make some changes. Don't worry too much what those changes are exactly or what they will mean in the long term. Just trust in the process, trust in the being stuck. It's time to slow down and just be.
What Will You Commit To For This Week: Slowing down, knowing that stuck is OK. Enjoying my writing and starting to play with it. Not worrying right now that the message is perfect. Just speak from the heart. xo
OK, that's me... now tell me about you - how is this Monday in your entrepreneur life? What motivates you to do your work every week?
What's Inspiring You This Week:
Where Are you Stuck This Week:
What Is The Message You Need To Hear:
What Will You Commit To For This Week:
No comments:
Post a Comment