WEEK 81 - POST 1
Where do we go from here?
I'm really wondering if I can "trust" myself. Should I really continue to work with this organization if they:
a) expect me to supervise staff
b) expect me to promote all products (even if in a very small way)
It's really not a big deal because of all the people I talked to and networked with, they really have no interest or focus unless there is money behind it. There is just not the time. So unless there is some organizational wide (from their end) support there will be no taking up of products. So in a way, I don't have to worry about promoting that stuff. One question about the (other) audit (or two) and a few requests for presentations (which I could say no to). Some interest in the certificate and award but only because I was heavy promoting them and the "pilot opportunity to do it for free".
And as long as I state that staff supervision can be no more that three months and only if they are doing a specific product (not general networking) I should be good.
The other thing I'm wondering about is that I have this new opportunity but it would be research, discussion, developing idea and I'm worried about all the writing (but the research would be fun!). I'm just worried the writing would impact my other writing (fiction + blog).
If I go down to 15 hours (rather than 18 hours) would that help?
What I'm thinking is that I take the time right now, to let it simmer for 4 weeks and then decide in the new year. And then once we are in the clear in February see how it feels to focus on the biz. If it's working continue, if not let's re-evaluate. If not funding comes in by May/June then a bigger re-evaluation will be needed (but by them maybe the biz will be taking off!)
Half of me is really excited about three months to focus on THE BIZ. But the other half is terrified that if it doesn't work out, I'll be really stuck and have to take some horrible job and declare that this whole experiment didn't work out.
But what if by trying, I find a new direction or find out that I'm happy with a simple job that gives me time at night to do fiction writing. What if that is all I need?
(And I think this is part of why I should do self-care and not socialize too much while all of this is taking place - you end up feeling like you have to justify every decision.)
xo
What's Inspiring You This Week: As I sit and stare at this blank space, I am reminded that it is in the MESS that we can find ourselves. EMBRACE THE MESS!!
Where Are you Stuck This Week: Trying to solve it all, right now, when I don't have to. There is no imminent decision that I have to do TODAY.
What Is The Message You Need To Hear: You've got this, you have NOT leapt yet. Don't think that those years were a waste or were the real test. You are now ready for the real test. Give yourself this one chance!! You have some savings - now invest in yourself!!
What Will You Commit To For This Week: Finishing two blog posts and having fun starting the products. Yes, you heard me - I'm going to start the products!! xo
OK, that was a long check-in this morning... yikes!! I hope all is going well for everyone else - how is this Monday in your entrepreneur life?
What's Inspiring You This Week:
Where Are you Stuck This Week:
What Is The Message You Need To Hear:
What Will You Commit To For This Week:
No comments:
Post a Comment