what's what: monday morning check-in!

WEEK 70 - POST 1

Wow - how did I get here!!!  Week Seventy!  Impressive!!

I got up early this morning to do some meditating (and might listen to a dharma talk later) and I was thinking again about my products (brainstorming, being creative and inspired) - the good stuff!!

I still have paperwork and the grant deadlines are looming (this Wednesday and next Monday) but after that I MUST do products.  Must.  Must.  Must.

I want to feel the same imperative that I'm feeling with this paperwork now.

Doing the paperwork, does remind me that I have to start demonstrating some effort to get income (with my business plan) and with my online activities.  If I don't there may be some questions as to why I am calling this a "business" - yikes!

So might have to concentrate on this to make it my motivation.  hah!

No blog work done this weekend.  Other "priorities" at home took precedent.  But I did take a hard look at all my commitments right now (even some that I'm not doing well - since they still loom over my head even when I have no time!) and I realize that I MUST put some up on a shelf right now.  I just can't do it all!!  No wonder I'm so stressed all the time and feel like I'm not accomplishing anything!  I'm trying to do as much as someone with two lives would try to do.

(And what again was on my mind this morning - other than part-time work stress and a bit of bliss thinking about my products - all my friends I have to get back to!  It's always about "letting down my friends" for me (while I have friends who won't call me for four months and then just telling me they were "too busy") - this is something else I need to work on as it's really not healthy worrying so much that my friends won't understand and will leave me if I don't get back to them promptly.)

What are the thoughts that go around your head that really distract you from THE WORK??

OK - so rinse repeat - the same stuff from last week:

- paperwork (lots of spreadsheet entries to make and some missing documents + info to send)
- blog posts (don't want to get behind!) and some social media!!
- grant writing (hopefully this doesn't eat into my hours this week too much)

Wishing you lots of luck to accomplish what you REALLY want to accomplish this week!!

K.





No comments:

Post a Comment