what's what: monday morning check-in!

WEEK 49 - POST 1

Four more weeks until the start of a new "year" for this blog.  It's been almost 52 weeks of "reporting" on my biz (and many more since the start of the biz), starting with the blog - wow!

And it's been quite a milestone year - I've really put alot into it:

- investing in graphic design and classes
- working hard at social media
- and lots and lots of writing

I know I can do so much more in Year Two!!

I have a great base and now I'm ready to expand... and as I mentioned the expansion is NOT new collaborations but taking those bigger steps I've been wanting to do already:

- Creating Products and
- Improving the two things I'm working on currently (52 weeks, blog post)

And then only after I put in the time to make sure these are done well, I will see what I want to do next (more collabs, patreon possibly, more promotion, bigger business steps (like bank account, credit card, etc.) - this can all happen in Year Two.

But let's do it slowly!!

And it's been ten weeks since I made the To Do List on Week 39 and let's see where I am now:

Week 39

- DONE - get back to lawyers
- NOT DONE - keep up with blog  :  (
- DONE - Week 42 + 48 - get some fiction writing done!!
- DONE - Sent email notification to 18 people (from previous blogs) about my new blog
- DONE - paid lawyers fee
- DONE - emailed Eva to confirm guest post
- DONE - do taxes for 2016 + year end report
- DONE - finish volunteer page and share with local people

- TODAY: do guest post (early May - deadline for Eva)

NEXT:
- last fact sheet (one to write + a few to revise)
- final part of writing contract (audit + primer)
- graphic design - new buttons + ads
- blurbs for stops on bike tour (collaboration)
- social media plan (including 52 Wks) + advertising plan (overall business plan for 2017!)
- do first recording of MP3 (free software expires in May)
- work on small downloadable "best of" to launch this year!


The guest post and the writing contract will be tackled this week and hopefully next week, will be the last week of the writing contract.  Then I'm hoping I'll feel like I have more balance between work and life and time for the products!  I really want to work at some graphic design soon!

But I'm just going to take it in for a minute: seven tasks complete.  WOW!!

WOW!!!


What's Inspiring You This Week:  Seven tasks complete in ten weeks.  Plus the amount of work that has been done over the entire last year.  Four more weeks until a full year of this business.  And also the amazing things I'm tackling now (compared to 49 weeks ago) and how I am starting to really feel at home with the business persona and talking more about the business and knowing exactly what I can offer.  The first year is hard.  You really ARE just figuring out how to swim.

Where Are you Stuck This Week: I have a wide open calendar this week.  My "task buddy" has texted me to see where I am with the Fact Sheets.  I really don't feel "stuck". The biggest thing is just trying to clear my plate so I can have the time to get to some of the products.

What Is The Message You Need To Hear: There will always be enough time for EVERYTHING.  The products will get done, when they need to get done.  TRUST that it will all be OK and that everything is unfolding just as it should!  xo

What Will You Commit To For This Week: I will commit to get the Guest Post done and work on my writing contract.  I also want to get some more blog posts done (this week and/or weekend) I need to catch up and get that going weekly!!


OK, that's me... now tell me about you!!

What's Inspiring You This Week:

Where Are you Stuck This Week:

What Is The Message You Need To Hear:


What Will You Commit To For This Week:

No comments:

Post a Comment