what I wrote to my mastermind friend...

WEEK 45 - POST 2

I thought I'd do a quick check-in for this month.

My priorities this month are:
- taxes (oh so much fun! first time as self-employed!)
- one blog post a week
- weekly social media post
- recording for MP3

Two things I need to work on (over the longer term):

A better strategy for finding my community (networking, marketing, guest posts, etc.)

I think main key at the beginning was to just be active on social media and start following people and add comments but I don't think I have found my target audience yet!

My actual audience is more the group of people who want the basics and learn about a new topic and how to integrate it more regularly in their life.

Whereas the people I'm connecting with right now on social media are already savvy regarding the topic and/or have not problem with intergration.

I think guest blog posts are going to be key, along with facebook groups, reddit... I don't know - just some way to get to a larger general audience... so I need to do some brainstorming here and think of a couple of things I can do each month to find my audience.

The other thing is that I need to make a decision on graphic design soon.  I went to look at canva and check it out.  It's great thanks!  But there is a bit of a learning curve there...

I should be using certain branding from my logo, etc. - colours, specific fonts, etc so I'd have to figure how to upload these so I can use the right branding for my marketing.

I don't know how much you will be able to do in April.  I think you said you'd have more time for your blog in mid-May.  Do you have your social media for your two ideas?

Even if you sign up for them now and just do some minimal retweeting and connecting you can start building some followers for when you get busier with your blog.

You've got your newsletter set up - which is another thing I need to do!

Feel free to send me some goals for this month or check in when you can.  And let's have another chat when your summer hours start!

Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment