what's what: monday morning check in!

WEEK 38 - POST 1

So here it is Week 38.

At the end of Week 36 I thought I would have three fact sheets done.

On the Friday (of Wk 36) I emailed my supervisor and told her I'd deliver in Week 37.

And I didn't.

I wrote to her on the Friday (of Wk 37) and told her I'd work through the weekend.

And I didn't.

I did get some stuff done on the weekend but not three fact sheets.

I'm still wondering what was happening.  I know that in Week 36, I was still working and one of the fact sheets needed a lot of extra research.  And in Week 37 I worked on other things on top of the fact sheets.  And even on the weekend I only completed three hours of work.  I am disappointed in myself, I really don't want to criticize my choices over the weekend.  But really I have a hard time focusing (when my partner is home, when I don't "think" I need to work, when I have other plans).  I'm not sure what it is.

In a way it's good - I shouldn't be working on the weekends or in the evenings.

But I still have to work on the distractions during the day to make that time more effective.

I need to get up to move (exercise, go for a walk, stretch) and take three breaks during the day.

And the rest of the time needs to be focused (not using the computer to do so many other small random things!!)  xo


So in terms of entrepreneur work - last week, along with the writing contract, I contacted an organization I was profiling in a blog post (got their permission to use photo),  updated my whole photo permissions file, published a post on Wednesday, did some social media both Wed & Fri and reviewed and updates main task list for business.  I also watched one of M.F. free videos that are promoting B-School.  I didn't find much new but it was good to review things, see where tweaks could be.  I really need a weekend (a couple of days during the week?) where I work on my 2017 business plan!!

OK - so this week - it's going to be done.  TWO FACT SHEETS TODAY.

THREE MORE THIS WEEK.

and then the other FIVE will get done before the end of WEEK 40.

It's going to get done!!

xo



What's Inspiring You This Week: That one fact sheet is done!!!  It's finally done (after a month and a half of struggling with them - starting on Week 32) after the case studies were done as of Week 1.

And especially after I sent out the case studies for review at the end of Week 34 (except for the two that were undecided and I was waiting for input).

Where Are you Stuck This Week: Must keep the momentum up and must find time for my blog.  And also for my first product - want this ready in 2.5 months.  xo

What Is The Message You Need To Hear: You can do this, you can do this, you can do this.  Even impossible things get done if you just keep chipping away at them.  xo

What Will You Commit To For This Week: Focusing on the writing contract and finding some time for both the blog and some rest.  xo




OK, that's me... now tell me about you!!

What's Inspiring You This Week:

Where Are you Stuck This Week:

What Is The Message You Need To Hear:

What Will You Commit To For This Week:

No comments:

Post a Comment