what's what: monday morning check in!

 WEEK 5 - POST 1

Last night I couldn't fall asleep.  I really wanted to get up early and start this week off great - with some meditation, yoga and maybe even a swim at the pond but it didn't happen.  Instead I finally lay my head down around 2 am and then woke up before 8 am... so less than six hours sleep to start the day today... yikes!

I'm going to take it easy today but I'm also going to Get. Work. Done.

It's a four-day week which means I have less time for the biz.  (I may end up doing less hours for part-time paid work, still awaiting to hear back from the one project but can't count on having an extra day!)  So I need to buckle down and make things happen.

I've found that working in three different zones in the house helps me get into the mind-set.  For my part-time job I'm here in the study upstairs, a bit of an uninspiring room.  For writing I get into bed and write on our laptop and for the blog and all other parts of "my biz" I've found that working in our new kitchen is great (being in a much bigger space with the big windows and the backyard as a backdrop helps immensely!).  I've also liked going to a coffee shop locally some times.  (Especially in the winter.)

I did get my C.P. feedback sent and I did work on the "Seasons" static page.  The rest is all still on the "to do" list.



 What's Inspiring You This Week:

"To Be" list rather than a "To Do" list!  (getting dressed for work helps also!)

 Where Are you Stuck This Week:

I get overwhelmed with all there is to do, including all the research that could be done (visiting sites, taking photos, historical research, internet research) and then I just can't get anything done.  It all seems overwhelming.  I want to discuss/blog about everything right now.  But I can't.

I noticed that going for a bike ride really inspired me in terms of writing and topics so I'll have to keep that in mind if I'm stuck.  But now with the bike ride and the hike and then some discussion on our vacation week last night my brain was buzzing and I couldn't turn it off.  It's feast or famine here and neither work for getting things done.

 What Is The Message You Need To Hear:

Just have fun, have fun, have fun!

Realize when you are "trying" too hard rather than just being and be OK when you realize that the authentic voice you thought you had last week just doesn't resonate this week.  It's a learning process and you need to be kind to yourself!!

xo

 What Will You Commit To For This Week:

I'm only going to commit to doing what feels right.  No "To Do" list this week.  I need some more time for this to start flowing naturally!






OK, that's me... now tell me about you!!

 What's Inspiring You This Week:

 Where Are you Stuck This Week:

 What Is The Message You Need To Hear:

 What Will You Commit To For This Week:

No comments:

Post a Comment